Cleaning the ball
Natural leather balls
Natural leather balls should be cleaned gently using a small amount of specially designed natural leather cleaner poured onto a soft cloth. After cleaning, wipe off any leftover leather cleaner and polish the surface. To remove mud stains, use plenty of water and high-quality leather shampoo. After washing, leave the ball to dry in a well-ventilated place out of the sun.
Synthetic leather balls
- Wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth.
- Use a soft eraser to rub off dirt or grit.
- For tough stains, use a synthetic leather cleaner.
If the ball is very dirty, use plenty of water and a mild detergent to clean it off. Leave the ball to dry in a well-ventilated place out of the sun.
*Things to remember when washing your Molten ball:
- Never leave it immersed in detergent.
- Rinse and drain thoroughly after washing.
- In some cases, chemicals used in the detergent may cause the colors to fade.
If the ball gets wet
The leather in our volleyballs is held in place by super-strong glue. Water and heat may cause the glue to dissolve and the leather to peel. The glue may also seep through the leather and cause surface discoloration.
- Wipe off any excess moisture with a clean cloth.
- Leave the ball to dry in a well-ventilated place out of the sun.
- Never use hair-dryers or similar appliances to speed up drying.
Other important advice.
Always store the ball in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
* Never leave a professional sports ball exposed to high temperatures or humidity, for instance in the trunk of a car on a hot summer's day. This can cause it to lose its carefully tuned shape, and deteriorate the carcass.
- Keep the ball away from fire.
After cleaning, be sure to wipe off any oils or chemicals left on the surface. Also, avoid using the ball on heavily waxed gym floors.
* Creams and sprays normally used for protecting leather coats and shoes should not be used on leather balls, as they may make the surface slippery and less capable of absorbing sweat.
Give your Molten ball a rest from time to time.
* Like all athletes, the ball needs a break from time to time. Extend the life of your Molten ball by using two or more in rotation.